Saturday, May 7, 2022

Oddments

I have started a new quilt for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  My other green project was the bee scraps, and since I already finished that, I had nothing!  This quilt will be for the Assistant’s friend.  I hope it includes the correct colors of green.  Since it’s for a boy, I’m avoiding minty greens, flowers, anything with traces of pink, and baby prints.  So far, I have not repeated a fabric, but with 56 blocks needed, I will repeat plenty!
I also completed the quilting on my farm quilt (last year’s RSC challenge).  Once I stitch the binding down, I’ll lay it out and take its beauty shots.

I tried to write this blog post first thing in the morning, but the chaos of the weekend rapidly took over.  It’s now 11:15 and I have almost 10,000 steps from yard work.  Hopefully this afternoon I’ll have a chance to work on green block and brown binding.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

P.S. I’m linking up to the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.

 

4 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That looks like a fun new project, Katie! Those blocks will make an interesting design!

scraphappy said...

What fun blocks. Glad you got all your steps in early so that you can settle down and sew with not guilt.

Vicki W said...

Those look like really fun blocks to make!

Gwyned Trefethen said...

Loving the improve style of your blocks. Impressed by your not repeating a single fabric so far.

Stash Report Week #16 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report remains unchanged.  I am adding borders and basting a small quilt this week, so I will have a shift in numbers soon. I fin...