Monday, March 13, 2023

Finished Quilt: Take Two

 Ah, google, thanks for the reversed pictures.

Allow me to present the backing first.  It is a ridiculous sparkly Michael Miller fairy frost, intended for a project that never made it to cutting stage.  The guts of my machine needed a thorough cleaning after quilting.  A strip of purple made the backing just the right size.  You can also see my quilting here, simple arcs through the blue-green pieces.


This version varies from the original in that I flipped the values.  Instead of dark purple with dark blue-green, it was paired with the lightest shade.  I like how it makes blurry the section of the quilt where the middle shades meet.

I also changed my cutting, so the smallest cuts met in the middle instead of the corners.
I’m fairly confident I’m not done with optical illusion quilts just yet, but I think I have a few more projects to finish first!

from the room of Zana’s Ninis, katie z.

3 comments:

Mlada said...

Yes, The blurry effect is very nice. You are so talented.

Vicki W said...

Awesone quilt! You are really good at these.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I agree - your quilt is awesome - you're really good at these - ;))

Stash Report Week #16 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report remains unchanged.  I am adding borders and basting a small quilt this week, so I will have a shift in numbers soon. I fin...