Saturday, March 18, 2023

Spring Break

This week was Spring Break.  In general, it was uneventful.  Miss G went to Colorado with my mom to visit my sister.  We worked in the garden and planted potatoes.  I walked the puppy (a lot).  I quilted straight line for hours and hours!

I’m pondering a new optical illusion variation.  (No, I’m not quite done with them.). Green, of course.  Do I use the dark or light gray?

I quilted my V quilt.  I broke more needles (machine and side threading hand needles) than I have ever broken in a single quilt.  I was trying to be very careful, but still when I shifted the quilt and buried threads, I clearly had issues.  The front intentionally doesn’t show any quilting, so it looks the same.
I do really like the back of the quilt.
My green squares are all in four patches, and some are already sewn into halves.  The stacks are quite large, so I will end the month with another lovely pile of blocks.
I am most pleased by my bojagi panel finish.  I caught it last night before the sun went down, so we can all enjoy the stained glass effect.  Right now, the morning sun is shining through it, and it is equally splendid. The scraps are mostly hand dyes, and I love all the texture.  I learned a new skill, called a bat knot (bakjwi maedup), so there are a few of those too.  I need to put in a lot of practice before these look quite right, but they are a interesting new to me way to use scraps.

Off to do binding!  (And to read some blogs for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge)

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

 

4 comments:

Mlada said...

Your bogagi panels are always splendid, works of art.

Helenchaffin said...

You're making a lot of great progress,the green backing is beautiful!

Vicki W said...

The V quilt is awesome. It's so hard to quilt through thick seams like that, even on a longarm. They tend to really mess up the timing. But I've had such a long lesson in timing my machine recently that I'm now an expert and can do it in a few minutes.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Beautiful quilting on your V quilt! And so pretty to see the sun coming through the Bojagi panel, too. What a fun project!

Stash Report Week #16 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report remains unchanged.  I am adding borders and basting a small quilt this week, so I will have a shift in numbers soon. I fin...