Saturday, March 30, 2024

Here, There, Everywhere

I’m grateful we have extra days off for Easter.  I had a nightmare last night that I didn’t get anything ready for Easter baskets for the kids!  I’ve had years where I put lots of energy into preparing for holidays, but that’s not the truth lately.  Miss G and Sneaky Pete helped me fill the baskets this morning (my kids don’t mind the baskets not being surprises), I baked the dessert for Easter, and later we’ll dye eggs with C, my nephew in college near us.  None of the other cousins are in the state, so we don’t see them often.

I did finish another center block.  Their odd angles and sizes make me nervous, but they’ve really gone together so much better than my first blocks.  The teacher I want to give this quilt to is definitely leaving the school this year, so the time crunch has officially arrived!  I think I’ll see what size I can make with the blocks I already have, maybe make a few more in April, and spend May quilting.
My purple 16 patch blocks made great progress this week.  I hope I can finish making them by Sunday evening, but we shall see.  I have one purple butterfly fabric that may end up in every single block.  It’s apparently one of this delightfully pesky fabrics that never disappears!
I hope your Saturday is full of fabric and that, if you celebrate Easter, it is holy and happy!

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

 

9 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Happy Easter, Katie! I think your NYB blocks look great! Have a fun weekend!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Best of luck with the "Time Crunch" quilt, Katie!! Glad to hear you had some help filling the baskets, Katie. Happy Easter!

Sara said...

Happy Easter! The kids will definitely keep the memories close of filling the Easter baskets and dying eggs. We're not gathering for Easter this year, but will all get together in April sometime to celebrate 4 April birthdays.

maggie fellow said...

pretty purples and projects

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that center was the hardest part of that pattern I thought

Kate said...

Happy Easter! I miss doing the Easter basket for our girl. She's too far away now to come home for the holiday. Your NYB center is looking good. Hope you can manage a bit more sewing time so you can get that quilt finished before the school year ends.

Gwyned Trefethen said...

Each new NYB block is more delightful than the next. The departing teacher is going to be over the moon and in the stars when they receive the quilt.

Vicki W said...

I hope you had a beautiful Easter!

Susie H said...

I chuckled reading about the fabric that never seems to sew away. Yup! I have some like that too! Lol! Nice work on the teacher's project. It looks to be a beauty!

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...