Saturday, March 9, 2024

Reprieve

It’s finally Spring Break.  I’ve whinged about the long days and weeks, but they really were extraordinarily “extra.”  The coming week has no school, and while I will undoubtedly have moments of being overwhelmed by their noise, my kids and I are all ready for a week of less activity.

My big goal for Spring Break is to get a large Bojagi laid out for piecing.  I spend last weekend cutting the first strips, and I subcut them during this week, but I will have to cut many more before I’m done.  At least I have enough to start organizing.
Miss G is kindly sorting my purple strips this morning so I can piece them more easily next week.
I sorted my 2.5” bricks for flowers.  They will be easy to piece over spring break too.
Finally, today I need to finish quilting this quilt.  I’m about 75% done, and I’m not choosing a complicated pattern, so that’s my plan for this morning.

 from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Enjoy the slight slow down for spring break. Hopefully you can get to all that's on your to do list this week.

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...