Saturday, March 2, 2024

Patience

It is hard for me when life is so full of extra activities that I don’t have time to sew as much, and this was one of those week.  Unfortunately, next week looks to be even worse, but at least I know I have Spring Break the week after.

Relinquishing goals, even (or maybe particularly?) self-imposed ones is always frustrating.  I am trying to be less annoyed and more accepting.  Life is just busy.  

I have lots of unfinished goals this week.  I didn’t get this flimsy basted, but I am glad I have a flimsy, backing, and batting ready to go.  I love how nicely the scraps play together.  I did laugh when I noticed several places where the same fabric touches.  How many dozens of fabrics are in this quilt, and I still didn’t sort them “right”!
 I ran out of red scraps, so I reverted to green for the week, with most of my lighter green scraps sewn into strip sets for 16 patches.  I’m away for the weekend, but it will be nice to pull out the purple scraps when I get home Sunday.  I do love purple.

I didn’t finish my New York Beauty block for the week either.  The evenings, when I usually sit down and sew while Spunky does homework on my ironing board, were full of meetings and events.

I ran out of time to attach my hexagon section too, so I’ll have to finish it next week.  I do have all the pieces cut for the next section, so I’ll work on those.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Love your scrappy quilt. Someone will have to look really close to find those "sames". I had that problem with Betty, and decided it just didn't matter. Sorry the week's have been so busy. Maybe this week won't be as bad as expected?

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...