Saturday, March 16, 2024

Patchwork in Purple

 Alas, spring break is almost over.  I think everyone at my house enjoyed the reprieve from regular scheduling!

I sorted and started sewing my 2.5” bricks into blocks.  I am always amazed at how much I can make from my scrap boxes and yet, they never empty.
The strips from16 patches seem to be going on forever.  I still haven’t finished sewing and cutting the initial strips.  Maybe today.
I did finish this quilt from my box blocks.  There will be one more in blue, and I know my 2” strip box is still full, just not packed as tight as at the beginning of last year.
from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

5 comments:

Gwyned Trefethen said...

The box block quilt looks great. Congratulations on the finish.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love the quilt

Vicki W said...

I love your boxy blocks quilt!

Maggie said...

A fantastic finish! Love all the bright colours and it looks beautiful. Have a wonderful week.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on a bit of PURPLE sewing and for finishing up your rainbow-licious Box block RSC quilt, Katie!!

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...