Saturday, July 13, 2024

My Favorite Scraps

I spent the week a bit frozen in inability to get things done.  Even sewing didn’t get much attention, or I didn’t accomplish much when I was sewing.

Four lovely flowers are finished.  While I have lots of aqua scraps, I’ve discovered they are so different from each other that it’s hard to slap eight random pieces together to make a flower.  I am making good progress on using up the bulk of the 2.5” bricks, but the remaining unique ones will have to go into something else.
I intended to have all my little turquoise squares made into four patches by today, but I’m less than halfway done.  It’s okay, there’s plenty of month left.

The weather has been so very hot this week!

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

P.S. It’s Saturday, so that means linking up to the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!

 

2 comments:

Kate said...

Aqua can be hard to work with, the degree of blue and green in a set of scraps can make them look quite different. But you've done well with the four large blocks and your four patches. Happy stitching this week and stay cool.

Sara said...

Hopefully it won't be quite as hot this week for you. Those 4 blocks look really good.

August Block Count

 I thought I wrote this, but it seems to be lost somewhere or I never wrote it at all… August was a quiet block month, with only 42 16-patch...