Sunday, May 29, 2011

Design Wall Monday

I started quilting my ABC UFO quilt.
Then something funny happened.

We saw a friend who lives out of town at church on Sunday.  Sunday evening, about 5:45, the phone rings, and it's this friend (N).  N says, "Hey, what's your address?"  I duly answer, he says, "Great.  I'm almost there."  I think, "What?  Why is he coming over?  Ohhhhh... DH invited him to dinner and forgot to tell me."

Go to DH.  "Hey, N just called to say he's almost here?!?"  You should have seen the look of horror on DH's face.   It mirrored the horror in my heart, as we had just eaten dinner.  Yeah, he invited N to dinner and I had nothing to serve him.  Insert your favorite curse word here (I don't say 'em, but they would be appropriate here).

N arrives with a bottle of wine, DH says, "Oh, we already fed the kids.  How's tuna sound?"  We had tuna fish left over from sandwiches, N says great.  Crisis averted.  A bottle of wine will cover many flaws in a meal.

I am SO glad my house was pretty clean, and that I had time to make a dessert to go with tuna fish.

On second thought, that wasn't so funny.  But I'm so glad N came to visit, and I don't think he noticed.

Needless to say, my quilting came to a screeching halt.

Check out the other design walls on Judy's blog.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z

6 comments:

MB in MI said...

Thanks for the great chuckle first thing this morning! Way to 'adapt & overcome' !!

Nina Marie said...

Thanks for the story! LOL! I actually think that a good dessert covers many flaws:)

Kate said...

Very quick thinking. Sounds like you had a more exciting weekend then you expected too. Hope you can get some quilting done today.

Donna said...

Aren't husbands wonderful? Thanks for sharing.

Quilter Kathy said...

Thanks for the giggle! I've not had that happen (yet!).

Debbie said...

That is so funny! I've had a similar thing happen with my husband but he invited more people than I had prepared for...I was quickly defrosting chicken breasts in the microwave after a quick check to see what was available in the freezer. Hopefully all they thought was what an unusual idea to have different meats...I can't even remember what my original main course was...probably because I ate the chicken. But I do remember it was a fun night!

Stash Report Week #18 and 15 Minutes

 I missed a day on my hexagons!  For the first time in almost 18 months, I missed a day.  I stitched extra yesterday, so it will all be fine...