Saturday, May 14, 2011

Stash Report Week #20

On arriving home from a LONG day away Saturday, I was thrilled to discover two new books on my doorstep, Adventures with Leaders and Enders by Bonnie Hunter and Weekend Quilts by Judy Laquidara, my two favorite blogger-quilters!

15 1/2 yards in this week, the last of my "inheritance splurge" until June, when I go camping with my family and intend to find a quilt shop or two.
This is my Making Ends Meet quilt top (a la Judy Laquidara) with my newly arrived backing.  Now to get Rice Paddies (or Favorite Things, a la Judy L's Peaches and Dreams pattern)


Except for the purple/black batik, these are NOT my normal purchases.
The house fabric I do so love.
I had bought this previously, but used most of it.
I have some ideas for fun projects.
The Assistant "needs" a new nightgown like Mommy, so we bought some fabric for that.

Blogger takes offense that I rotated this picture, so it rotated it back for me.
How kind and thoughtful, right?
180 yards IN this year is a ridiculous number for May 15.  I need to work on that.
43 1/2 yards OUT this year... not so hot.

There was plenty of excitement to be had this week.  Wednesday night, we discovered our new flooring for the kids' bedrooms would be ready to install Thursday.  As in, the next day.  As in, I had 2 hours before bed and 2 hours in the morning to empty those two rooms of their entire contents so carpet and linoleum could be ripped up and their lead-laden selves removed from my house.  You can see before pictures here.

Who puts this on top of hardwood floors, only to cover it with carpet?
Gross!!!

Friday night, after a day spent cleaning floors, filling two trash bags to give away, washing but not folding accumulated laundry, and sorting out the girls' winter clothes to pack away, we were called for a house showing.  Nice.  Why can't they call during the day?  Really.  So instead of quilting Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, or Saturday, I was cleaning or avoiding being at home.

Ah, well.  I could have far worse things to worry about.

Check out the other stash reports on Judy's blog.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z. 

6 comments:

Charlene S said...

I love those fabrics and especially like the mommy and me gowns. People did some nutty things to stay up with the Jones'.

Vicky said...

Beautiful fabrics! You've had a full plate lately, but I'm sure when things slow down for you, you'll be burning through your stash!

Barb in Mi said...

Nice fabrics - and wow, what a week for you! Hope everything will work out with your house!

Kate said...

Beautiful fabrics!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

nice fabrics!! I love your Making Ends Meet top!

Melanie said...

Beautiful quilts and fabrics (love that house print)! Have fun burning through your new stash!

Stash Report Week #18 and 15 Minutes

 I missed a day on my hexagons!  For the first time in almost 18 months, I missed a day.  I stitched extra yesterday, so it will all be fine...