Saturday, May 7, 2011

Stash Report #19

Let me begin my stash report with the statement that I have decided to eliminate "no-buy" from my goals for 2011.

My mom, Screamer, Bear Cub Q, and I spent last weekend visited my recently-deceased godfather's family.  While we were there, his sister returned to me the quilt I had made for him at Christmas time several years ago (I love it... it smells like his house) as well as a check, my "inheritance," if you will.  Most of that check will go to pay down our house debt, bringing us 6+ months closer to a payoff day!  However, I did already spend some of it on fabric and yarn.  Some of the fabric is in my possession... the yarn and a shipment of fabric should arrive next week.  Joe would have wanted me to enjoy it, and I also gave away a tithe of it, so I feel good with what I did.

While Mom drove, I crocheted, so you can see some of my results.
my own version of this hat will show up in my etsy shop
(check it out on my sidebar)
with stripes and a longer tail
check back soon!

Newsboy cap,  2T-4T

New dish cloths for my etsy shop

Whoville hats in newborn sizes.  Do you like them with a pompon or without?


I purchased a few books...

I've been looking for this for a long time.  Everytime I was ready to order, it was out of stock on Amazon.
Cute, cute, cute
Here's some of my fabric yumminess...
1 yard cuts of yumminess... So long, no-buy goal!





I apologize for the dark/blurry pictures.  Bear Cub Q wanted to grab my camera, and it was night by the time I decided to take pictures, but at least you get an idea of the 23 1/2 yards I bought so far.

OUT this week: 0 yards
OUT YTD: 43 1/2 yards

IN this week: 23 1/2 yards
IN YTD: 164 1/2 yards

YTD Total: 121 yards in

Check out the other stash reports on Judy's blog.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

To see some non-quilty fun from the weekend, check out Life at Purgatory Ranch.

4 comments:

Kathie said...

Love the wooville hat. Think on this tiny one might be better without the pom pom.

Nice nice fabrics. I am definitely NOT doing a no buy this year. I am being more selective and freshening my stash but still trying to use up the older stuff. I think that is a great goal.

Living the Lewis Lifestyle said...

With pom pom ;) Cute pics

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Newborns and babies - without the pompom. Toddlers and up - with the pompom.
And I love your yummies! Very YUMMY! ;)

Judy D in AZ said...

Sorry about your Godfather and what a great way to honor him by using your inheritance wisely! Not only are you 6 months closer to ending the mortgage but you are that much richer for not paying those 6 months of interest!

Enjoy your fabric and books. I know you will think of him with each stitch.

Stash Report Week #18 and 15 Minutes

 I missed a day on my hexagons!  For the first time in almost 18 months, I missed a day.  I stitched extra yesterday, so it will all be fine...