Sunday, May 29, 2011

Stash Report Week #22

Nothing in, nothing out...

I am attempting to finish my "altered" May UFO challenge by May 31.  We'll see how close I get.

Originally, the plan was only to cut letters out of each piece of fabric.  For example, "A" was for angel.  I cut 7 As, and so on with each letter of the alphabet, to give me 7 sets of letters, therefore, parts for 7 future quilts.  I also sorted the remaining fabric into "love it" or "use it."  The love it pile stayed with the ABC templates while the use it pile went into my regular stash, for me to use in other projects.

Then I realized I have a few acquaintances having babies, and they should receive baby gifts.  Why not an ABC quilt for one of the gifts?  So of I go... cut background squares (from stash)... machine applique the ABCs (first time for everything, right?)... find sashing strips and cornerstones from the scrap bags... piece the top... hey, the kids are all asleep, let's baste this puppy!... now to quilt it...

by Tuesday!

And in case you ever wondered what happens to quilts in my house when I'm not around, I now have evidence!
Check out the other stash reports on Judy's blog.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

8 comments:

Brenda said...

Really clever idea for an ABC quilt

Kate said...

Love the ABC quilt, looks great.

Very cool quilt tent. One of my favorites from when I was a kid.

Kathie said...

Love the ABC quilt.

krisgray said...

Cute ABC quilt! Yeah, I l know about the quilt treatment. My son was using his to play tug of war w the dog yesterday!

Marti said...

I love the quilt, and you put it together quickly. I love your idea to make several sets for future quilts.

I used to love quilt tents too, draped over everything from the card table to the coffee table. A regular underquilt maze.

Amy said...

The ABC quilt will make for a great baby gift. Our quilts get the same treatment here. We are all adults at my house so I think that really makes us bad. LOL

Kathy said...

The tent looks so homey with the quilts! Love the ABC quilt...

Living the Lewis Lifestyle said...

The ABC quilt is so cute!

Stash Report Week #18 and 15 Minutes

 I missed a day on my hexagons!  For the first time in almost 18 months, I missed a day.  I stitched extra yesterday, so it will all be fine...