Sunday, May 1, 2011

Sunday Stash Report Week #18

IN this week: 0 yards
IN YTD: 140 3/4 yards

OUT this week: 3 1/2 yards
OUT YTD: 43 1/2 yards

YTD Total: 97 1/4 yards IN

This week, Bear Cub Q decided that 4:30 am was an appropriate time to get up for the day.  He went to sleep by 10 am for a nap, but mommies don't get to nap when there are little girls to supervise.  I disapprove whole-heartedly.  Of course, four new molars in a week may have something to do with his inappropriate sleeping pattern.

I cut the squares for the Screamer's new red and turquoise/aqua quilt.  I still need to sub cut them, but at least I know I had enough red.  You may remember, last October during the shop hop, I bought reds and turquoises for this quilt.  Is anyone else ever appalled at how badly fabric is sometimes cut and/or rolled on the bolt?  I had to make my quilt blocks work with an 8.5" starting square rather than 9", and even then I had a few places where I couldn't get two squares out of what should have been an 18" pieces.  Nuts.

This next week, when I return to Omaha to visit my godfather's sister with my mom (and Q and Screamer), DH has insisted I buy some fabric.  I am taking part in the Scrap to Treasures challenge from the HGTV boards (read about it here and here).  I can't reveal what colors I'll be purchasing as the project is supposed to be kept secret until the reveal in October, but I have some definite holes in my stash.

I whipped out a sleeping bag for the Screamer.  Let's see if she'll sleep in it on trip.  Fortunately, it was all stash, so I'm finally below 100 yards in for the year... that may change next week, but I'm going to enjoy every minute of it as I am gaining a true appreciation for how small my stash is compared to others... and how much I need to add to make it work even better than it does now!

Check out the other stash reports on Judy's blog.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

2 comments:

SpinningStar said...

I agree with the problems of fabric cutting and I'll add buying fabric listed as 44" when it is a lot less and I don't think 4" is just shrinkage from washing. Oh well...Liz

Kate said...

Great fabrics for screamers quilt. The red and turquoise are a great color combo.

Have fun building your stash. I think that's the one thing I learned last year is that you have to balance your buying or else you end up with holes in the stash.

Stash Report Week #18 and 15 Minutes

 I missed a day on my hexagons!  For the first time in almost 18 months, I missed a day.  I stitched extra yesterday, so it will all be fine...