Friday, December 16, 2011

I have two finishes this week, but pictures of only one!

I made a slip cover for my sister, finished it just in time for my mom to pick it up to ship, and POOF!  No picture.

Not the most attractive picture, but we are in the shortest, darkest days of the year!

Can you spot my mistake?
I also finished this lovely, from a free pattern for National Quilting Day by Judy Laquidara of Patchwork Times.  I machine quilted it (the largest quilt yet) and decided that, if it weren't for the time crunch, I really shouldn't do quilts this large by machine.  I have 5.5" of throat space and a tiny sewing space.  Maneuvering this quilt made for sore shoulders, wrists, and hands.

I should name it, but haven't gotten that far.  It is quite lovely, and I'm so glad I made it!

(I forgot to mention... would you like to win a picture frame ornament?  Check it out!)

Check out other finished at Crazy Mom Quilts!

10 comments:

Deb said...

That is a beautiful quilt. My favorite colors.

Go-Go Kim said...

Beautiful quilt and LOVE those colors!!!!!

Alison V. said...

That is gorgeous! Blue stars are fantastic for those cold winter nights. :)

Colby said...

I always keep the mistakes in my quilts. No one ever notices except me and it makes it more personal!

Alzbeta said...

I'll take a picture of the slipcover when it gets here :).

Gemini Jen NZ said...

The colours are gorgeous! Well done!

Vicki W said...

I love your quilt! It looks great in the teals. I had to stare at it for a very long time to find the mistake.

Living the Lewis Lifestyle said...

My grandmother once told me that it is a tradition of the Amish to purposely put in mistakes into their quilts because only God is perfect. ;) It's beautiful!

Heather said...

It's gorgeous! Such beautiful colors! :o)

Linda said...

I ;love the pattern and the blue on white

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...