Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Miscellany

I finally found the squeaky spot in my sewing machine!  It's been months... I've lubricated every spot, including all the ones that voided the warranty on my sewing machine, but still it squeaked.  Sometimes, it squeaked so badly I thought I needed ear protection, until I became accustomed to the noise.  Then, in a fit of despair, I oiled again, listening every few stitches to pin point the source, and, voila!  No more squeak.

I had forgotten sewing could be sew quiet!

Having shared our holiday cheer (in the form of the stomach flu) with DH's family, we are back home and illness free, except for a running nose for Bear Cub Q.  He likes runny noses this winter.

Other Christmas thoughts... whoever invented battery powered toys should suffer with them for ages... the Assistant, despite knowing full well that Santa is based on St. Nicholas from the 5th century and doesn't actually come to anyone's house, still expected Santa to come to our house after he came to my in-laws... we received more presents than we could fit in our van (WHERE am I going to put it all?)...

The Screamer's blue and red quilt it half basted.  She requested roses for the quilting, so I'm going to have to get creative.

Anyone have suggestions for a quick quilty/sewing gift for someone who miscarried twins?  I have some beautiful fabric that says the Lord is my shepherd and other sayings, but don't want to cut it and regret it!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

1 comment:

Henrietta said...

How about a purse, not a big tote, that is too close to a diaper bag. Maybe something small enough to carry Sunday stuff, or a Bible cover.

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...