Saturday, December 17, 2011

Stash Report Week #51

Woohoo!  Two finishes this week.  Pictures are HERE!

By finishing my "Making Ends Meet" quilt (pattern by Judy Laquidara), I busted 15 1/4 yards.  It would have been all from stash, but I had to buy more fabric for the backing.  It is what it is, and I am happy with it.  I do think it's a wee bit large for me to machine quilt in my present tiny room and small machine.  But hey, who's complaining?  Not me!  I am grateful to have any space at all.

I also made a slip cover, 1 1/2 yards of fleece later, and sent it with my mom to mail without any pictures.  It's a good thing my sister makes a living taking pictures, so eventually I'll see it again!

IN this week: 0 yards
IN YTD: 212 3/4 yards

OUT this week: 16 3/4 yards
OUT YTD: 145 yards

YTD Total: 60 3/4 yards in

End of the year goal (to double my usage from 69 1/2 to 139): Met and exceeded!

Now to ponder goals for next year.  Some things I will have to consider are...
1. How to keep quilting when we clear out the house to put it back on the market.
2. What new skill to I want to learn?
3. TBD

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

Oh, yes, and I have a giveaway that closes Sunday night.  It's for a lovely Christmas tree ornament/picture frame!  Please stop by and leave a comment!

2 comments:

Lori said...

Congratulations Katie!! I love the quilt you finished--it makes me think of blue skies and puffy clouds--and laying in the grass looking up.


Goals---glad you said something--I can ponder next year's goals with you!

goal #3--go to South Dakota to visit Lori and sew!!!

SpinningStar said...

I think we are all starting to think about the new goals for the year. Glad you made your usage goal.
liz

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...