Monday, December 19, 2011

UFO 2011 UPDATE


Judy's UFO Challenge

You can check out my original list of projects, as well as pictures of each in its unfinished state here.

1. Charm pack from Connecting Threads: made into a table runner 

2. Favorite Things: after starting out as a top needing to be hand quilted, I finally finished it the last month of the year!


Read more about it here!

3. Pink Things: finished
Front

Finishing at 5 feet by 7 feet, it will be large enough to grace the Assistant's bed even with three of us laying down.  Read more about this hand-quilted lovely made from the Assistant's stash HERE. (Scroll down a bit.)

4. My baggy of 1" squares that have been sewn together, is sorted, but what am I going to do with it?  I need to use up or get rid of these in 2011.

UFO #4 Complete!

5. This is a long term project: a scrappy/charm double wedding ring quilt.  I cleaned up my scraps!  I went from overflowing bags of scraps that "might" work for this to one tidy bag with a few piles of rectangles.


Read more about it here.

 6. Placemats for the atrium.

The finish was blogged here. 

7. 19 placemats for my family: finished



8.  Snowflake hexagons.  I'm making a charm quilt out of snowflake and star fabrics.  This is a long term project, and I collected over 100 new fabrics to add.  Every time I go to my new quilt guild meeting (6 times a year), I'm bringing the hexies!

 9. ABC applique quilts. 

This shifted from a project about prepping for future quilts to finishing a quilt!

 10. Slippers: finished.  After missing a whole section of directions, I had success!  I love my slippers, and my mom loves hers for when she visits my house and its cold floors.

11.  Pillowcase for DH's Memaw.  Finished, but mailed before I even though about taking a picture.  Once I had the fabric, this was definitely my easiest UFO to complete.
12. Runners: 14 finished!
Mostly out of my new pattern, Ring Around the Runner.  See them in all there wrinkled glory!  Then there were the table runners above, made from the charm pack and the scrappy 1" squared.  Finally there was this red, white, and blue runner.

Finished all my "to-be-finished" projects, as well as making progress on my long-term goals, was very satisfying.  Next year, I don't have quite the same type of list, but I definitely have some challenges for myself brewing.  More to come in the New Year!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

1 comment:

Henrietta said...

I hope you are all stocked up and snuggled down for the coming storm. I thought about you when I saw the national weather this morning.

What an impressive achievement list!

Wishing you and your family all the blessings of the season with a safe happy and healthy New Year.

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...