Saturday, February 8, 2020

Half Time

Suddenly, half a quilt is on my wall!  I have hesitant hopes that I will finish off the Garden Mosaic quilt this month.

The courtyard steps finished faster and more smoothly this month, even with the addition of another set of green scraps!  I didn’t sort very well last month, apparently, or I would have seen these.

Everyone is getting well, some faster than others, so we had a good week of resting, sewing, and lolling about.  This weekend, I have a few hours of outdoor chores, and then a dance this evening with DH.  I loathe social occasions, so this will be a trying evening for me.  I’ll need plenty of sewing tomorrow to recover!

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

P.S.  It’s Saturday, so I’m linking up to the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!

7 comments:

QuiltGram said...

I just finished my barn chores. It was 10 degrees out this morning but warming. It’s simply gorgeous out as all the trees are still completely covered with glittering ice and its 12 noon. It looks like they are all covered in glitter. Even the tops of the pines are covered in glitter.

I got a chuckle from your post as I had spent the past week finally getting to my ‘fall cleaning’. I had torn a muscle in my upper leg so it wasn’t possible up until after Christmas. So, this morning I treated myself to sewing a quilt top together. I just Needed to sew this morning.

Looking forward to seeing your Courtyard Steps quilt as you get further along. Since I’m using my IPad, I really can’t see the other one as is very, very, very tiny.

Glad to hear that all seem to be recovering.

From Maine

Julierose said...

Just lovely courthouse steps piece--I don't care for social occasions either--makes my stomach clentch!!;000 hugs, Julierose

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your Garden Mosaic is coming together, Katie - so many little pieces! So glad it was a better week healthwise at your house, too. Wishing you a lovely sewing Sunday!

Susie H said...

Half a quilt is a wonderful achievement! Only half to go!!! Glad to hear everyone is on the mend. Stay healthy and keep that needle flying!

scraphappy said...

Hope that you enjoyed the dancing. If not, a sewing day will cure everything. Great progress on your courthouse steps

The Joyful Quilter said...

Spectacular progress, Katie!! Sorry for the delayed comment. Our internet was out all weekend and I only just realized that I never got through all of the links to the RSC! Here's hoping you actually enjoyed yourself at the dance. (Stranger things have occurred.)

Kate said...

Both quilts are coming together beautifully. Hope you survived the dance and got a chance to recover the day after.

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...