Saturday, February 15, 2020

Tiny Things

Bitter cold mixed with rain, snow, and ice made of an interesting week.  It’s not often, here in Kansas, that we have a day full of lovely snowfall, but we did.  Miss G and PK both had a good time running in the snow.  Since then, the mornings have been 7 F, and the chickens have needed extra attention.  Today it appears everything will melt, and we’ll be back to our normal brown winter.

I think the sewing side of life went pretty well.  Firstly, Garden Mosaic is a finished flimsy.  I did require one more block than I had in the box, but that was easy to stitch.  Now, do I put a green border on it or leave as is?  It’s currently 60” square.

In between all those pins and seams, I made 9 posies for my Garden Party.  There’s one more under the needle that I may finish later today.  More oranges made it to the wall than I expected!

Finally, I began cutting strips to make a temperature quilt this year.  I’ve been marking the temperatures on a calendar but needed to label my fabrics and cut a few strips.  Several fabrics may not be large enough to last all year, but I’ll deal with that as it comes.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

PS Check out the Rainbow Scrap Challenge each Saturday!

8 comments:

Jo said...

Congrats on the flimsy and i can't wait to try some garden party blocks. Actually I shall wait because i have way too many quilts started at present. But I love how yours are turning out.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Garden Mosaic is just awesome, Katie! I don't know if the pattern calls for a border, but I think it looks great without one. I'll enjoy seeing what you decide!

Kathy S. said...

Your Garden Mosaic really makes a statement from a distance. Love all the scrappy goodness! I have all my garden party blocks complete. I have several rows to put together. It is more than half way done. Mine is in red. Hopefully we will both finish them this year.

Lori said...

Looking forward to the temperature quilt

Susie H said...

Love the Garden Mosaic quilt -- what a layout! Your Garden Party quilt is coming right along too. Good work!

Vicki W said...

Garden Mosaic is awesome! I've got no advice about a border. I suppose it depends on how you will use the quilt.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Wow, Katie, that Garden Mosaic turned out SEW striking!! You certainly had a productive week. I really hope that means you are feeling well, again, and that all the littles are better, too!

Linda said...

Very nice finish on the flimsy! I think it looks pretty amazing without a border, but it will be pretty either way. Pretty Garden Party blocks too.

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...