Saturday, February 29, 2020

Backseat Sewing

The week began a bit disjointedly, with BJ coming down with another nasty winter cold, but fortunately he recovered and is army crawling with the best of them.

It took me an extra few days to finish my Garden Mosaic quilt, then wash and package it, but it’s finally on its way and should arrive Monday to its new home!  I don’t see any bleeding fabrics, which is always thrilling.  I feel like, after years of no problems, the last few have seen more than my share of issues.  My quilt holder yelled, “Hurry up!” as her arms are just long enough to spread the quilt and hold it up.  The Assistant is great!

It was a busy week of “life,” so several days only found my hand quilting checked off, and nary a stitch on the machine.  When I did get to the machine, I focused on the little boys’s vests.  I’m very pleased to have 3 of the 4 done, and the fourth under the needle.  I think that means next week, I need to measure and cut skirts!

My new leader and ender for 2020 is still not underway, as I’m playing catch-up with my temperature quilt and using it in between lines of stitching.  Maybe in March (or maybe not, we’ll see!).  The color for March was revealed as teal, which is far and away my favorite color, so I’m ready to sew.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

P.S. I’m eager to visit the Rainbow Scrap Challenge linkup.  Last week, with BJ crying all day, I didn’t really visit anyone.

10 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I too am always happy to see no bleed! great job on that quilt

Cathy said...

Wow, you really have been busy. But any sewing (blazers, skirts) is good sewing in my book. Can you share pix of those, too? (Like you have *nothing else* to do, I know). Lucky recipient of the big quilt!

Mari said...

Love the Garden Mosaic! It turned out great. Good luck with the rest of your stitching, and here's hoping your whole household is well soon!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Garden Mosaic turned out wonderfully, Katie! The recipient is going to love it!

Vicki W said...

Garden Mosaic is fabulous! I know that the recipient is going to be thrilled!

Jenny said...

That's a lovely quilt, well done on a great finish. Sorry to read about sick kids, hope everyone is feeling much better, and you are too!

Deb A said...

Beautiful finish and isn't that great The Assistant is tall enough to display the quilts for photo's now. Hope you have a healthy household this week so you can sew.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Gorgeous finish, Katie!! Hoping BJ is feeling better soon. Glad you managed to sew few bits of ORANGE for the RSC!

Melodie said...

Love Garden Mosaic! Great Job!

Susie H said...

Beautiful finish! Love your Leader & Ender too. Let's hope for more touchy-feely with the machine this upcoming week!

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...