Sunday, March 1, 2020

Stash Report Week #9 and 15 Minutes

It was a great week for stashbusting.  The baby got well and despite busy days, I managed to finish three vests.  They are finally, after all these years, getting easier and faster to sew.

My goal is 40 yards out for the year, so I’m well on my way, even if I buy some fabric later.  We are in the throes of a great bedroom upheaval right now, due to some behavior issues, so I have no desire to add more things to keep track of while we try to clean out the office for a bedroom.  Shopping is not a current temptation!

IN this week: 0 yards
OUT this week: 2 yards

IN YTD: 1 yard
OUT YTD: 32 1/4 yards
YTD Total: 31 1/4 yards OUT

On the hand quilting front, I managed to sneak in some quilting every day.  I have high hopes of having the quilt off the frame before March 20.  Woohoo!  This brings my total for the year to 57/60 days.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

2 comments:

QuiltGram said...

Doesn’t it feel good accompanying goals? We have four boys quite grown now. Yikes, where does the time go? Loved reading as I used to make vests for them. More fun to make dresses for my sister in laws three girls. And I’ve grown to really love ‘shopping’ my stash. I continue to surprise myself as many times with those choices. I was challenged to use what I have (plenty) and the surprise is; I feel confident that the quilt actually turned out better than what I may have chosen at a quilt store. It forced me to really really stop and evaluate what was going on with my quilt. And yes, since I’m human, I still shop at our local fabric stores. That is for a specific needed fabric. And I will allow myself one 1/2 yard or less...”just because”. Looking forward to seeing the vests.

Kate said...

Sounds like you've still got lots going on, so good for you at finding those minutes every day to get in some stitching. You are doing really, really well on the stash going out. That's pretty amazing considering it's only March!

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...