Sunday, March 22, 2020

Stash Report Week #12

The last Easter skirt is done (minus a snap).  I love how fast the fabric gets used, but I don’t love the fiddliness of garment sewing.  There are at least three more skirts requested, so I’m not done quite yet, but the last ones aren’t for Easter, so I’m putting them aside for now.

I am going to count my masks later this week, once I know how many I get finished.  I will tell you, with all this quarantine nonsense, that I will be fabric shopping.  I need some kind of bribe to deal with DH working from home (in my bedroom, while I’m schooling 5 kids and wrangling 2 more).  He “returns” to work tomorrow, to plan distance learning, and I already don’t like it!

IN this week: 0 yards
OUT this week: 2 1/4 yards

IN YTD: 1 yard
OUT YTD: 39 1/4 yards
YTD Total: 38 1/4 yards OUT

If I can finish a stack of masks, I might meet my goal for the year!

On the hand quilting front, I did work at least 15 minutes a day.  I have managed 77/81 days for 2020.  The chain blocks are complete, the binding is half on (machine side, waiting for hand side), and I still don’t have a plan for the plain blocks!

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

1 comment:

Mlada said...

Do you have a plan for where to send your masks, or are they "just in case" for at home?

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...