Saturday, February 22, 2020

Sneaking in the Stitches

Somebody now has four teeth, can almost sit up on his own, and can army crawl with the best of them (especially if there is paper or a screen within sight), so I’m finding sewing time a little more challenging to come by this week.
Oops... sideways and a short quilt holder!

I did very simply quilt the remaining Garden Mosaic blocks this week.  I have a sudden need for a giving quilt, so the clock is ticking on this one.  My hope is binding today and tomorrow and a good wash, then in the mail it goes on Monday.

A few more Garden Party posies are on the wall.  Oh, I love making these!  This quilt is going to be such fun to assemble.

I started my temperature quilt.  This is the first 18 days, and it’s looking about as I expected.  I am just hoping I won’t think it looks ridiculous when it’s done.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

P.S.  I link up each Saturday to the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  We are going strong on oranges (although I’ve run out).

8 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Goodness! Here's hoping you find the time to finish that quilt, Katie.

maggie fellow said...

great projects

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your Garden Mosaic quilt is going to be a lovely comforting gift, Katie! I like seeing the beginning of yor temperature quilt, too. Looks it was a chilly 18 days!

Annette Mandel said...

Temperature quilts always look goofy the first month. You will love it more as the year marches on.☺

Kate said...

Hopefully your beautiful scrappy quilt is all bound and in the mail. The Garden Mosaic blocks look great, those are good scrap busters too. Hope you've gotten in some good stitching time this weekend, even with the now more mobile little one.

Mlada said...

Can you tell me more about the temperature quilt? Are you doing two triangles or the square with a circle in the middle--I'm seeing both styles online.

Vicki W said...

Oh someone is getting a really special gift!

Marsha Cooper said...

How old is baby? I babysit my 8 month old grandson on a regular basis and sewing when he is here is near impossible. He's been crawling, and standing for some time now. Right now I have a 2 yr old grandson on my lap LOL

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...