Tuesday, December 28, 2021

December Goals Wrap Up

 Later this week I hope to write a full report of my 2021 goals, but I also want to take the time to wrap up my December goals.

1. Scraps: trimming, make four hexagon flowers, work on the farm quilt (more blocks or four patches), and maybe empty the bag of 1.5” triangles.  Four hexagon flowers done and one has its brown ring as well.  I made 8 farm blocks and sewed at least 40 into 4 patches.  I didn’t empty the triangle bag, but the bag is much lighter than it was!

2.  Next step on the Macaron Mystery.  The quilt is a top, quilted, and the binding half sewn on.  I had a sneak peek, so once I finished this month’s step, I plowed ahead with the blocks, etc.  By the end of the year, it will be finished and given away.

3. Keep up with Bonnie Hunter’s Rhododendron Mystery.  My older sister is finishing her basement, so she needs a bedroom or family room quilt.  So far, so good.  I’m on step five.

4.  Masks.  Masks have finally shrunk after all their washings, so it’s time for some new ones.  I think I finished 12 this month.

5.  Christmas pillow.  I made a large blocks to make a cushion cover, and now it’s time to quilt it and get it on my front porch!  Done!

I’m looking forward to 2022 as I scheme and dream!

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

No comments:

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...