Saturday, December 18, 2021

Rainbow Scrap Challenge: Busy

I have great hopes this week of actually replying to comments (I’m sorry.  Again.  I love your comments.). We have two days of school and one school concert to survive next week, and then it’s break.  We are all well and grateful.

I finished two more star blocks (winter and summer) as well as the numbers for our address.
 
I was also able to sew some 6” blocks into four patches, which means I can start planning layouts and cutting stashing soon.  I will regret the background with yellow dots, however.  It has distorted more than any other fabric in the quilt and is giving me fits.  Any scraps remaining after this quilt is finished will go in the garbage, and good riddance!
My other sewing this week has been for Bonnie Hunter’s Rhododendron Mystery and Meadow Mist’s Macaron Mystery.  Part of me wants less demanding sewing to do, but I’m also grateful for easy to sew pieces as time allows.

Christmas baking has taken many hours this week, which is fine and lovely.  My laundry room has become storage central for all the goodies, and I’m pleasantly shocked that the little people haven’t opened any containers yet!  Today we hope to assemble cookie trays for the “neighbors” (out in the country, that term is a little more loosely defined) and then they can enjoy!

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.


 

3 comments:

Mari said...

What lovely star blocks! I have had fabric that gives me fits, too, and it saves your sanity just to get it out of there. I know what you mean about following a mystery pattern, too-- someone else has done all the thinking and all you have to do is sew. That can be nice! Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Cathy said...

I think we’ve all had fabrics that serve a better purpose in the waste basket than in a quilt. Thankfully, the ones I’ve run across are mostly older pieces that were donated. Your Star blocks are gorgeous! Have a good week and enjoy the hectic times as much as you can; they pass all too quickly! Merry Christmas!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on finishing those lovely stars along with the numbers for your address, Katie! I applaud you for getting any sewing done. With farm chores and some littles still running around all day, you are quite a wonder to accomplish all that you do!

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...