Saturday, December 25, 2021

Rainbow Scrap Challenge: Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas, my quilting friends.  I’ve finally cleaned up the joyful chaos of the morning (gift opening, Mass, and a big lunch), so I’m sneaking in some sewing time.

My cutting table is a mess.  In the background you can see my Christmas present (grab bags from Hancock’s of Paducah.  I do shop well for my husband!).  I dumped my scraps that need trimming in order to tidy them up for the new year.
My Rhododendron mystery has taken what little sewing time I had this week.  I still have dozens to go, but my box of pieces to be pressed is filling up.
And my scraps that have accumulated this year.  These (above) were sewn together from triangles that filled a gallon bag (below) at the beginning of the year.  I did have to cut neutrals, but the bag just keeps giving colored triangles.  These lovely 1.5” tidbits will become a quilt next year.  What quilt?  I don’t know.

 Merry Christmas or happy holidays, whatever you may believe and celebrate.  I hope the day is joyful and peaceful!

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

7 comments:

grammajudyb said...

Merry Christmas to you! I have a bucket of triangles that I need to use too. I've been looking at at quilt idea from Amanda Jean Nyberg. I think it's called Leftovers, but I could just be making that up. I am not at home, so will wait to check her book, Not Scrap Left Behind. I'll be keeping an eye on your progress. Glad you found a few minutes to play in your sewing room.

Deb A said...

Merry Christmas! I do love how our hubbies 'shop' for us and get us the best presents!
Enjoy those pretty fabrics.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Merry Christmas, Katie and family! I know you'll make something amazing with those triangles!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family - I only got one package of fabric this year - which is good because I bought plenty of my own on the end of the year sales!!

Kathy S. said...

I too have been collecting 1.5" triangles with no specific purpose in mind. My neatly cut pile is small. My saved trimmed corners needs to be gathered and cut. Someday I'll put start up a binge worthy show on Hulu and cut, cut, cut. Can't wait to see what yours becomes. Have a happy and healthy 20202.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Glad to hear that you enjoyed some sewing time, Katie, and Merry Christmas!!

Vicki W said...

Merry Christmas! I've been trying to do a little cleaning up in my sewing room too. I want to tackle some scrap projects in 2022.....along with about 40 other ideas.

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...