Friday, December 31, 2021

2021 Goals In Review

 Looking back over my goals, the list wasn’t long: 

Stash: I’d like to use 100 yards more than I take in, and buy no more than 20 yards.  Sigh.  No.  I wrapped up the year with a net usage of 34 1/2 yards OUT.  I did buy more fabric than 20 yards (but less than my 100 yards in.  There were many gifts from kind friends and family).  My hysterectomy and recovery, homeschooling, and settling into a new house all disrupted my sewing mojo.

Rainbow Scrap Challenge: Modern Vintage, hand pieced hexagons, cork fabric farm quilt. Modern Vintage is done, I made excellent progress on my hexagons, and I didn’t finish the farm quilt, but made great progress.  I didn’t totally empty my 2.5” scrap box (a goal I added later), but it is only full strips, triangles, squares, and bricks.  I have plans for it.

Other quilts: twin quilt, placemats, 2020 temperature quilt, strip twist, pineapple quilt, star quilt in blue and grays.  I did not finish the Star quilt but everything else is done.  I lost steam in the organization, but as I now have an intended recipient, that quilt is on the list for 2022.

Hey, those were reasonable goals, and I did well.  I’m looking forward to 2022!

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

How did I


1 comment:

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Happy New Year! I agree that you had a successful 2021 and I hope that your 2022 brings you lots of quilting fun.

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...