Saturday, January 1, 2022

Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2021 Wrap Up

 Happy Saturday!  We currently have sleet and falling temperatures.  It’s a lovely way to start the year: take good care of the animals, hustle, and hibernate inside for the day.

I only finished one of my main Rainbow Scrap Challenge projects in 2021, Modern Vintage.  My hand pieced hexagons and farm quilt are still in progress.

I have half the large stars pieced (not counting the partial ones).  Delightfully, I have 40 of the 50 flowers done, so after I finished those ten (roughly ten weeks of work), I will return to the brown rounds.  It’s always exciting to see progress.



The farm quilt needs 24 small blocks and 1 large.  Hurrah!

This year, I plan to work of the hexagons, farm quilt, and my mass of triangles on a monthly basis.  Each month will have its own quilt as well: pink, red, and purple are for a Valentine’s quilt.  Today I have some sorting to do.  I know by the end I’ll be sorry I started this out of the box (for me) project, but as I’m enthusiastic about it today and have been thinking about it for months, I’m making it happen.  I dyed a backing over the summer, picked binding, printed some templates, searched for a variety of heart blocks, and here we go.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

P.S. I’m linking up to the Rainbow Scrap Challenge again this year.

4 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your hexie flowers and stars are going to make an amazing design, Katie! I'll enjoy seeing what you do with that fun scrap pull, too!

Deb A said...

Those hexie flowers are glorious! So fun to pick out fabrics and patterns and start a new project. Hope you get some fun sewing time today to start off the year right.

The Joyful Quilter said...

You made good progress, Katie! Best of luck with your ongoing projects. Have fun with those hearts in 2022!

scraphappy said...

Modern Vintage is a wonderful finish for the year. Looks like you are making great progress on your hexies as well. Hope you and the animals all stay warm and dry.

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...