Sunday, January 30, 2022

Stash Report Week #4 and 15 Minutes

 It was another good week for hand stitching.  I finished two more small flowers after stitching every day.  There was plenty of hurry up and wait this week!

I refolded my stash this week.  It looks splendid all neatly stacked, and I found a few more pieces of fabric I will never use.  (I did not fold the hand dyes, although I clearly need to.  There is a bag of scraps I don’t want to distribute among the rest until I know whether or not I need them for my hexagon project.). Another spool was exhausted in sewing together my Rhododendron Mystery, for 4 gone for the year already.  Hopefully I can sew a little bit bigger blocks and not average a spool a week all year!

Recording the stash also reminds me I do NOT need to go shopping.  I don’t need to order anything for quite a while.  I do know, however, that I am nearly out of neutrals with texture.  I have plenty of solids, but the interesting ones will be gone soon.  Next time I’m online browsing, hopefully I’ll remember that and not choose any colors!

IN this week: 0 yards
OUT this week: 2 yards

IN YTD: 18 yards
OUT YTD: 12 3/4 yards
YTD Total: 5 1/4 yards IN

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

2 comments:

Vicki W said...

I'm with you, I don't need fabric or yarn for the rest of my life. But I ordered yarn today for a specific project. I hope I can keep myself to working from stash on everything all year. But I'm going to Paducah for the AQS show so that could be really dangerous.

Kate said...

You've been doing well on the stash management end of things and with the hand stitching. I've decided to start using those hard to use fabrics as backings. Of course I need to start finishing quilts for that to have much of an impact.

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...