Saturday, January 29, 2022

Rainbow Scrap Challenge: January Progress

And just like that, we’re almost to the end of January.  Since we spent five days this week waiting for Covid test results, it was a very, very long week.  The test was negative.  Is it bad that I’m not convinced? Fortunately, no one else is sick.

This week was rather poor for red sewing.  I spent most of my available time working on my Rhododendron Mystery, which now only needs its outer flying geese borders sewn together.

This month still saw plenty of progress for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  Nine more farm blocks.  I’m out of red!  With only 16 blocks to go, I’m very happy with this.

My triangles, which acted as leaders and enders last year, are now being stitched into four patches.  This may take all year (I think I made 80 four patches this month, and the box doesn’t look significantly reduced), so the triangle quilt may not happen until next year.  Ha!
I am very pleased with my Valentine quilt progress.  I made 1/3 of the blocks and have a few more cut and ready to go.  I did, again, use most of my reds along with plenty of punks and purples.  The tub for this project is still more than 3/4 full, so I expect I will have plenty of scraps left when this quilt is done.


Teal/turquoise/aqua is my very favorite color, so I will be happy to dig into my scraps for February.  I plan to make some farm blocks, sew more triangles into 4 patches, and attempt to use up more of my (rather endless) 2.5” scraps.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

8 comments:

scraphappy said...

So glad you were able to use up so many scraps this month. Such great blocks to add to your collections. Glad that it wasn't Covid, though the flu isn't any more fun. It is starting to feel like we are all just waiting for our turn to be sick. Looking forward to the end of this surge!

Mlada said...

I love seeing what you create with blues and teals. I too am not convinced any more with a negative covid test, not when so many symptoms seem to line up.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

You have so many fun blocks. A great use of scraps for sure. Lots of tests going around. I hope you feel better soon.

Maggie said...

What a collection of triangle squares! Can think of so many patterns to use them. The mystery quilt was fun, my very first Bonnie Hunter one ever. Her Enders and leaders have created so many done blocks these past couple of years, it feels like something is missing when the basket with them is not next to the sewing machine. Stay warm and safe.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Looks like you are having some HST fun and those Heart blocks are SEW cute, Katie! Glad to hear the Covid test finally came back and that no one else has gotten sick. There's something to be said for that! You aren't the only one who is happy to move to the shades of the sea for next month's RSC scrap sewing endeavors. Me? I love them, too!

Deb A said...

Oh no, glad it was negative but still being sick is never fun. So glad it didn't spread through the house though. I am waiting for the home test kits to arrive in a few days as I think they will come in handy. I think Teal will be a favorite of a few people next month.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Look at all those hearts! They are so much fun. Looking forward to seeing your Valentine quilt! Hope the sick one at your house is better soon.

Sharon Kwilter said...

How do you know teal/turq/aqua are the February colors? Did I miss the announcement somewhere?

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...