Saturday, January 22, 2022

Life, Interrupted. (Nor am I Surprised)

Miss G had a high fever last night, a cough, high pulse rate… but a negative antigen test.  Sigh.  We hope to find a minor emergency open today that can test for flu and the Rona, so I need to hustle to post before we leave.

I’ve had oodles of waiting time this week (dentist, eye doctor, late babysitting for the Assistant, school line), so this red beauty is already done.  I confess my red selection is not the most diverse, but as I’m trying hard to work with my hoarded stash of hand dyes, this is it.  I can tell I’m getting faster or more efficient at hand piecing.  This is at least my fifth year working on these, the third of concentrated effort, and as I’m finally starting to see where I’m going with this, it’s fun to finish early and work a little extra beyond my goals.  I’d prefer this quilt be finished in a decade, not still in pieces!
One lonely farm block, spools, is all I have to show this week.  I spent any available machine time on quilting a tshirt quilt.  It’s 99% done at this point, so I will have a few new farm blocks next week.  I did discover that I am out of red, sadly before I cut the barn block!  Alas, my poor barn will be brown and red.  I did cut several more blocks.
I think early in the week I finished one lonely heart, but I did sort pieces for more cutting and sewing next week.  Even though I feel like I should get “more” done, I know this is the season of illnesses, errands, and chaos.  More will come later.  (I am not in a rush for my children to grow up, but I do wistfully desire a few less obligations once in a while.  Never content, are we?)

Saturdays, I link with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.
 

7 comments:

Kate said...

Hope you found a place to get Miss G tested. We've had lots of people out of work, either sick or the kids are sick.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Ugh! Hoping Miss G is feeling better soon, Katie. Lovely blocks and more to come... even if there's not enough RED for the barn!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your red star is just gorgeous! And I love the spool blocks, too. I'm retired and my kids are grown, and there are still times when I wish for fewer obligations, lol! Hope Miss G is better soon.

Vivian said...

It's hard these days when symptoms erupt, especially during what is normally the cold & flu season. As you said, get as many tests as possible to confirm or rule out which it is. Oooh, "hexies and hand dyes" sounds like it should be a thing! Don't worry, you'll get it done. thank goodness for the "wait times" that also provide the "stitch times". The more you make the more you'll want it done!

Susie H said...

Isn't it awful when the little ones don't feel well? Loving your hexies and thank goodness for handwork!

Chantal said...

Send prayers so Miss G gets well soon. A sick child is so stressful. Love your hand-piece hexies. Well done. ;^)

Vicki W said...

Your red star is beautiful! I hope Miss G is better and that no one else is sick.

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...