Saturday, January 8, 2022

Rainbow Scrap Challenge: Hearts

 This week has been a bit scattered with back to school, bitter cold, a long appointment for BJ’s Covid shot, and trying to get organized for the new semester.

I cut a pile of tshirts for a customer quilt, sewed and cut miles of pieces for the Rhododendron Mystery, and tried to focus on my scrap quilts for 2022!  For red, I’m making a variety of hearts.  They are, perhaps, not the most glamorous or coordinated, but they look just about how I want them to look.  They are mixed with pinks and purples, and the effort is to make everything from my scrap boxes as much as possible.  I need between 60 and 70 blocks in total, so I hope to sew up 20 this month.



I’m not quite sure how my farm blocks are going to situate themselves within the framework of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, but I managed to sew together three this week.  A few more are cut.

The Rhododendron Mystery is muddling my plans by requiring so much focus and time.  I still like the quilt at this point, and I know it won’t last for too much longer.  I intended to sew up more triangles this week.  While the box is quite full of sewn pieces, the bag of triangles is not yet empty.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

5 comments:

Mlada said...

You forgot to mention a birthday taking up your time, Happy Birthday to the best quilter ever.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Happy RED hearts for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, Katie!! What's this about a birthday??? Hope you had a happy. :o))

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those hearts are so pretty - all unique! They look fun to play with.

Karen's Korner said...

Very pretty hearts. Nice work.

Sandy Panagos said...

What a nice variety of hearts. So fun!

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...