Sunday, January 2, 2022

Final 2021 Stash Report and Week #1 Stash Report for 2022

 2021 is over.  How did I do on my stash goals?  Poorly, in fact, but as I still used more fabric than I purchased or received, I feel fine about that.  I purchased more than the 20 yards I planned, as well as receiving plenty of beautiful gifts, so my net usage was about 1/3 what I had hoped.  I did finish one more quilt in 2021 to boost my numbers a little.

I used up 26 spools of thread.

I made 60 masks.

I worked on my hand stitching for 15 minutes a day for 354 of 365 days.  Wow!

IN this week: 0 yards
OUT this week: 9 1/2 yards

IN 2021: 100 1/4 yards
OUT 2021: 134 3/4 yards
YTD Total: 34 1/2 yards OUT

2022 is going to begin with stash usage and a perfect stitching record.  The green batik I used on the finished quilt bled like a stuck pig.  Even after soaking for two days, the green dyed my setting triangles (but I guess it looks okay), so the rest of it is going to be donated.  Someone else can soak or use it in a non-washing setting.

IN this week: 0 yards
OUT this week: 1/4 yard
YTD Total: 1/4 yard OUT

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

2 comments:

Kate said...

You had a good year in 2021 and have gotten off to a good start in 2022. You had an eventful year, but still made progress on many fronts. So it's all good. Hopefully 2022 will be a less eventful year and all of us will have more time for family, stitching and being part of the on line community. Happy New Year!

Jennifer said...

Great numbers for your year!

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...