Saturday, December 11, 2021

Stars


 It felt like a busy week, but here, at the end of it and looking back, it doesn’t feel terribly accomplished.  I finished another bundle of masks (wintery ones), the next step on the Macaron Mystery, and the next step of the Rhododendron Mystery.  I suppose it was the endless flying geese that made the week feel busy!

I also made two more farm blocks, Autumn and Spring Star (Lori Holt).  25 more small blocks and 2 large ones feels like so many blocks, but I know I’m roughly 7/8 done making blocks.  I think it’s because this time of year lends itself to finishes rather than progress that makes it feel so far to go.

I’m finding it difficult to ponder plans for next year.  After two years of upheaval and chaos in the year, I’m hesitant to built lofty dream castles… but if I commit to nothing, I will find that equally unsatisfactory.  Certainly the triangles as leaders and enders will move to block stage next year, and the farm quilt for a few more months at least.  What glorious blocks or quilts are you dreaming about?

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

P.S. Check out the Rainbow Scrap Challenge here!

4 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those stars are so pretty! You're getting there in your farm quilt! It's always fun to contemplate new projects for the new year, too. I'm still trying to finish up several quilts as well. Hard to make yourself do that sometimes!

Mari said...

It has been a rough couple of years for sure, but looking to the future always feels like fun. I like your star blocks, and you're going to have that farm quilt finished in no time. I'm thinking about twinkle stars for next year, but I know I'll need another project too. Fun to think about!

The Joyful Quilter said...

It may be frustrating when our progress is slow or seemingly invisible, but I try to focus on the fact that it IS still bringing me one step closer to the end goal. Keep up the good work, Katie! Next year's plans and goal? They have yet to be firmed up.

Deb A said...

I think you are being a bit too hard on yourself - it sounds like you did tons of sewing this week and moved along a few projects. Finishing those 2 steps are a big tas for each of them. How about you think of something you would love to work on to make you happy next year? Lets hope 2022 is an uneventful year for all of us.

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...