Friday, February 11, 2022

Finished Quilt: Favorite Blocks

 I love that sometimes, a quilt comes together so ridiculously fast that it doesn’t feel like any effort at all.  My most recent finish, Favorite Blocks, came together just that quickly.

I pulled all the fabrics for this quilt from my 2.5” scrap box.  Since this month, we are challenged to use teal/turquoise/aqua scraps, I chose all my fabrics from blue to green.  The centers I made from my black and gray scraps.  This scrap box is depleted enough that I’m not sure how many more quilts I can create without cutting from stash. The pattern is adapted from the book Successful Scrap Quilts from Simple Rectangles.  I think this is my fourth quilt from the book.

The backing is a lovely piece of 60” wide fabric I dyed this summer.  While it may look “just turquoise,” it is nicely mottled and has a few dashes of grey, yellow, dark blue, and white.  I was very proud of my backings.  They’ve saved me from a number of tediously pieced backs, as my stash has dwindled to smaller pieces and less significant yardage.

The finished quilt is roughly 56” x 64”.  I don’t have a recipient in mind just yet, so this will wait patiently for the perfect person.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

4 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Gorgeous scrappy AQUA/TEAL quilt finish, Katie!!!

Kathy S. said...

Congrats on your finish. The fabrics are gorgeous together.

Vicki W said...

That's a lovely quilt!

Kate said...

Congrats on a gorgeous finish! I've made the same quilt, but in purple and yellow. It's still one of my favorites.

Stash Report Week #16 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report remains unchanged.  I am adding borders and basting a small quilt this week, so I will have a shift in numbers soon. I fin...