Saturday, February 12, 2022

Rainbow Scrap Challenge: Good Times

 I finished a quilt from the turquoise blocks I showed last week.  I posted about it last night!

Additionally, I made two farm blocks and cut two more.  Quilting and binding the turquoise box blocks took all my sewing time for three days.  (Patchwork and windmills)  I cut a square from each of the cork fabrics and only had one or two extra.  I think it’s lovely that I can enjoy a snippet of (almost) all the fabrics together in one block!

I’m on to mixed rainbow blocks for the rest of the month, as my farm blocks are getting to the final choices and my next scrappy quilt has blue and green but nothing quite turquoise.  My hand hexagons are leaning to the green shades currently, as I’ve already made too many aqua and don’t want to add the brown rounds right now.

Alas, I think the stomach bug has found our house, so we’ll see what I can sew today.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

4 comments:

scraphappy said...

So sorry to hear about the stomach bug. It does seem like the "normal" non Covid illnesses are all making a comeback now. Hopefully it will pass quickly though. Beautiful blocks to keep you happy until everyone is on the mend.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love your finished quilt in the previous post, Katie! Such pretty colors. Each new farm block that you show is fun to see. That's going to be a wonderful quilt!

The Joyful Quilter said...

You had me at "finished quilt" and I was off to visit that page and then I just MIGHT have ordered the book you used. By that time, it was time to (insert some household chore here) and I completely forgot that I hadn't left a comment here. SEW sorry, Katie!!! Glad you were able to finish two more blocks, but sad that the stomach bug found your house. Hoping everyone is feeling better by now!

Kate said...

Both blocks turned out beautifully! Fingers crossed everyone has a mild case of the stomach bug.

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...