Saturday, February 19, 2022

Rainbow Scrap Challenge: Challenged

Oh, my stars.  Three of my seven children have come down with a gastrointestinal bug over the last eight days.  Last night was my first decent night sleep in a while, so I had a hard time getting up this morning.  When the kids are sick, I find myself cutting projects more than sewing.  It seems to be easier for my brain to start and stop cutting abruptly over settling down to stitch together blocks and be interrupted.

Therefore, the week saw a new quilt completely cut and a second one may be finished later today.  Before the sickness ramped up, I did finish two farm blocks: 

Also as soon as the weighted pellets arrived, I finished the last three rows on a weighted blanket for my niece.  It’s the right colors for Rainbow Scrap Challenge.
Other than those brief moments, my sewing time has been consumed by straight line quilting on this monster quilt.  I’ve decided what would look best but balk at the amount of time it’s taking!  I may take a break for a day or two and return to piecing.  I definitely feel bereft when I have several days without piecing.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.
 

5 comments:

Mari said...

Oh my! Sick kids are the worst. Hope everyone is on the mend! And bravo for sewing (or cutting) for sanity through it all!

Kathy S. said...

Hope your house is back to normal soon. I rather be sick myself than have a sick kid -- OR HUSBAND. Your blueberry pie block is adorable.

Maggie said...

Wishing everyone a speedy recovery. Your mystery quilt is being quilted already, wow. Have a wonderful weekend.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That pie block is so cute! Sounds like you're getting a little sewing time in between nursing duties. Hope everyone is starting to feel better!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

We've had some sickness here this week, too, but only one of the grandkids so far. I hope you all are better soon. Good luck with the big quilt, it's very pretty. I know what you mean about piecing, it's like a day without sunshine.

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...