Thursday, February 3, 2022

Macaron Mystery

In general, I don’t do mysteries very well.  I like to make informed choices.  So, when the Meadow Mist Designs introduced her most recent mystery, I headed for the “peek” option.  A friend was diagnosed last year with thyroid cancer, so I planned this quilt for her.

The backing (ah, blogger arrangements) was a piece I hand dyed last summer.  I love it.
The pattern was delightful as always.  Please dismiss the distraction of the green setting triangles.  They weren’t green, but my green batik bled.  Badly.  I soaked the finished quilt for two days and still have green triangles.  (Shrug.). Let’s pretend it was a design choice.  And it would be flat if I’d taken the time to smooth the folds out.  I am generally in too much of a hurry and it shows.
This is (as usual) not a pattern I would have chosen.  I like it very much.
from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

 

2 comments:

Mlada said...

It's beautiful, but still a lot of neutral in the background. Your next one should be all color.

Vicki W said...

i like the quilt and I don't mind the green setting triangles at all! It's definitely not your style but it's a pretty quilt and will be a great comfort quilt from your friend.

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...