Saturday, April 30, 2022

Developments…

 It’s been quite the last 48 hours.

I was stung by a bee in my thumb.  I have some strong allergic reactions, including serious swelling and a scratchy throat, but I didn’t have to use the Epi pen this time.  My thumb is still swollen and discolored, so I’ve avoided outside chores.

Last night, DH was gone for Scout training.  Of course that means the severe weather decided to live up to its name.  We had a tornado about 10 miles from us, so the kids spent the evening in the basement and I listened to a lot of weather!  We only lost one large branch and the hail doesn’t appear to have damaged too much, for which I am grateful.
My blocks for the main scrappy heart are all done, and I’m excited to see this quilt come together.

I also finished some stitch-in-the-ditch quilting on my farm quilt, but it’s so large and unwieldy in my machine that I’m taking a break from it for a few days.

Back to work!

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z. 

8 comments:

Mari said...

Oh, my! That sounds like an exciting, if not happy, week! I love the heart layout so far. Stay away from the bees!

barbara woods bewtjw@gmail.com said...

love your blocks

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Oh no on the tornado! I was reading about it this morning, but didn't know how close it was to you. I know it did a lot of damage. Glad you're all safe! The scrappy heart is wonderful!

Anonymous said...

I heard about the tornado and was wondering if it was close to you. Scary! I'm glad you had little damage. I hope you recover from the bee sting soon. I'm allergic to them too but not epi-level and I'm grateful!

Kirsten said...

Love your scrappy hearts. The quilt will be stunning. Sorry to hear about the bee sting.

maggie fellow said...

I like what you are doing with the hearts - great idea

grammajudyb said...

Osier! Sorry about your sting. I had a wasp sting last summer, it was very painful and swollen! Hope you are feeling better today! Tornado season is so scary! Glad not much damage! Love your heart quilt! So special!

Susan said...

it must be very scary living in an area where tornados are common. I do love your heart quilt.

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...