Saturday, April 16, 2022

Pretty in Pink

Happy Holy Saturday!  The week has been chaotic again, along with the weather, so I had to think hard about what I sewed this week.

 The April block collection is growing nicely.  At this point, I only need 3” blocks, so I’ve been hunting for tiny block patterns.  It’s funny how some blocks look fine in person but are a little difficult to make out in a photo.  Oh, well.

My farm quilt is a finished (giant) flimsy.  This was not the week to baste it, so it spent some time spread across the bed to keep it smooth, and I’ll hopefully have a chance to baste it next week.  I knew it would be giant, so it’s not that I’m unhappy with it, but it certainly makes it unwieldy in my small sewing room.  Quilting it is going to be quite an adventure!

I hope you have a splendidly safe and restful Easter!

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

7 comments:

Edith said...

What a delightful collection of pink quilt blocks!

Deb A said...

A wonderful assortment of pink blocks! So many versions of hearts. Wishing you a less chaotic week and a wonderful Easter Sunday.

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

sew pretty pink progress!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Love all your hearts! Happy Easter!

Jan said...

I had a look at your farm quilt post, it looks really good! love these cheery little heart blocks :)

The Joyful Quilter said...

You've certainly found a lot of fun Heart blocks, Katie! Best of luck with layering the Farm quilt this week. No Easter travel here for the 3rd year in a row. No complaints about that!

Cathy said...

What a gorgeous collection of hearts! I hope your Easter was lovely!!

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...