Saturday, April 2, 2022

Rainbow Scrap Challenge: Some Assembly Required

 April appears to be an assembly month.  First, I have 15 months of Rainbow Scrap Challenge farm blocks to assemble into a flimsy.  Here they are laid out with one side of sashing attached.  I have a few rows assembled as I write this, but still need to press each row and assemble the line of sashing in between each row.  This is going to take a while.  I am delighted that the blocks look lovely together.  Definitely these are outside my usual style, but I love that the quilt will represent our lives here.

My pink project for April will be more heart blocks.  While appliqué is, again, not usually my style, I am enjoying using up oddments for these blocks.
Finally, this project doesn’t quite fit the brief for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, but it is using a neglected fat quarter collection (because I didn’t know what to do with it) as well as solids from my stash.  I have three more rows to go.  I’m considering a fleece backing for these.  It mostly depends on whether or not JoJo likes this quilt.  If he does, it will have fleece.  If he’s disinterested, I’ll try my hand at dying more fabric and make a blue backing of some kind.
from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

4 comments:

Julierose said...

I love your sampler RSC quilt blocks--they look so lovely all together ready and waiting to be sewn...I only have 11 done for my memory quilt as of now, and will be resting until I can sit and sew once again. I love your little girl block in particular, but they are all amazing. Nice work Hugs, Julierose

The Joyful Quilter said...

Super cute PINK Hearts, Katie, and way to go on using up that old FQ collection during YELLOW month, too!!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love your farm block collection, Katie! It's so neat that you made it so personalized!

grammajudyb said...

I hope JoJo likes the space themed quilt! It's very cool in this old Gramma's opinion. I bet my JoJo would like it. I did a smaller one with a panel several years back. He could probably us a bigger one now. He's growing like a weed!

May Goals

 April was a month of unexpected things. 1. Scraps: trim, yellow flower blocks, yellow 16 patches.   Done. 2. Finish the last two sections o...