Saturday, April 9, 2022

Rainbow Scrap Challenge: Growing Pains

My farm quilt is already too big to handle easily!  The bottom four rows are assembled and take up most of the floor space in my sewing room (I had to stand outside the room to get these two pictures).  It’s a very happy quilt.  Spunky saw it and was exclaiming over all the animals; she found the goats and a few cats.  Three more rows to go… Basting is going to be a challenge.  I’m not sure where the floor space will allow!

I did also manage some properly pink sewing.  11 more blocks for the collection is excellent progress.  I’m down to the 3” and 6” blocks, and I need to be a bit more creative with what I do.

Last week’s rocket quilt has seen progress in terms of a backing, but as it’s still soaking, I have nothing to show.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

 

3 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on the progress you've made on the Farm quilt, Katie! Glad that you managed to make some PINK blocks for the Heart quilt, too. It is going to be SEW sweet!!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Although it's hard on you to have a quilt grow bigger than you expected, the rest of us think it's beautiful! I love the blue sashing. Pretty hearts, too!

Theoketos said...

This is my favorite top ever.

May Goals

 April was a month of unexpected things. 1. Scraps: trim, yellow flower blocks, yellow 16 patches.   Done. 2. Finish the last two sections o...