Saturday, April 23, 2022

Progress!

I sorted and cut plenty of strips and pieces this week for the final darker blocks for my heart quilt.  I’m excited about the prospect of laying out all the blocks and making decisions for the next part.


I also finished the rocket quilt this week.  The block pattern is from the book Colorful Quilts for Fabric Lovers.  I don’t love this book as much as the book with rectangles, but it was definitely perfect for the large print of these fabrics.
I dyed the backing myself and was quite pleased with the end results.  I am also glad I chose red for the binding rather than try to match one of the blues.
Our couch is slowly dying, so it’s time for me to head out for some furniture shopping.  We’re aiming for something in stock so we don’t have to wait six months or more for delivery.  We’ve been working with second hand furniture since we moved in, which is great, but we really need furniture that fits our awkward space of a living room so that all nine of us fit!

I’ll be linking up to the Rainbow Scrap Challenge this weekend.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.
 

5 comments:

Sara said...

That dyed backing is fabulous! Great job!

Vicki W said...

I made a quilt with the same pattern as your rocket quilt. It was fun to make. I've probably made more quilts from that book than any other!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Love all your hearts, Katie! And the rocket quilt, too - simple blocks can make a really striking design!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Little bits of PINK, a fun quilt finish and a fabulous dye job, Katie!! Best of luck with the furniture shopping.

Susie H said...

That is one fabulous backing, Katie! Love the rocket quilt front too!

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...