Saturday, April 2, 2022

Stash Report Week #13 and 15 Minutes

Last night, I was browsing my quilt books for inspiration on how to use my collection of ombré fabrics.  Isn’t it funny how you think eventually, someday, you will make a quilt, but when you return to the pattern, it feels flat?  I found one more quilt book to purge from my collection.  Fortunately, with every book I weed out, it’s easier to find my favorites and I have the space for an occasional new one.

With a finished quilt this week, my stash report is nicely in the positive.  I have resisted shopping for fabric since the first week in February.  (As an aside, I should not be so impressed with myself for not ordering fabric for only seven weeks.  Oy.). I still have more fabric than I could reasonably use in a decade or two, so there’s no rush to buy more.

IN this week: 0 yards
OUT this week: 8 1/2 yards

IN YTD: 22 yards
OUT YTD: 61 1/2 yards
YTD Total: 39 1/2 yards OUT

One more spool ran out for 11 for the year.

On the 15 minute front, I remembered to stitch on my hexagons every day.  91 of 92 days for 2022 is lovely; I can feel less guilty when sickness or busyness keeps me from my stitching later in the year!  The large orange star is only lacking half its outer round, and then I’ll be on to pink!  I cut the next fabrics today, so I’m ready to go.  Next week looks like far less appointments, so probably less hand stitching time.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.


No comments:

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...