Sunday, April 24, 2022

Stash Report Week #16 and 15 Minutes

 It was a busy week for finishes.  I pieced a little doll quilt, quilted it, and bound it.  It’s made from a little pack of 2.5” squares my SiL gave me for Christmas.  Next, I finished the muslin dress for the Assistant.  We’ll have a few adjustments to make in the final dress, but it looks pretty good - she can actually wear it, although the zipper is not the most lovely, it’s better than the last one I put in a dress!  Also, the rocket quilt is finished.

I did receive an order of fabric this week as well, a grab bag from Vicki Welsh.  It was perfect as I’m trying to sort out the fabrics for my hexagon star blocks.

IN this week: 5 yards
OUT this week: 9 1/2 yards

IN YTD: 27 yards
OUT YTD: 71 yards
YTD Total: 44 yards OUT

I’m pleased that I’m firmly in the yardage out position for the year.  While I enjoy special collections of fabric, I tend to keep and not use them, which requires awkward spaces in my closet outside the normal stash storage.  I have other hobbies and storage needs, so making better use of my space is a desire.  I certainly didn’t begin the year with this goal, but as it meshes well with my stash use goals, this is just fine.

I need to tend to the animals now, so I should sign off.  I hope you have a lovely week!

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

No comments:

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...