Thursday, April 28, 2022

May Goals

 April goals were not too extravagant.

1.  Scraps: trim, make a pink star (probably finish the orange one first!), make the farmhouse blocks into a flimsy (stretch goal: basted or even done?), sew more triangles into blocks, and make at least 20 more heart blocks.  Trimming is always easy; both an orange and a pink star were finished; the farmhouse blocks are basted and quilting begun; many triangles were sewn into blocks; I finished most of the medium/dark heart blocks and cut the rest.

2.  My sister-in-law is patiently waiting for a tshirt quilt.  I may need to order backing, but I’d like to make good progress on this one.  Backing, batting, and flimsy are waiting for their turn at basting.  Since I was stung by a bee on the hand today, basting may need to wait a week or so.  My thumb isn’t bending well!

3.  Make a quilt from the rocket/space fabrics I have.  Done.

I also finished a “muslin” for the Assistant.

May goals should be reasonably possible.

1. Scraps.  Whatever the color of scraps, trim, more hexagon work, more triangles, finish the farm quilt, and then whatever is color appropriate.

2. Finish the tshirt quilt.

3. I may dive into the valentine quilt assembly or the split star blocks (of which I have finished only one).

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.


No comments:

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...