Saturday, June 18, 2022

Delayed and Discombobulated

 I’m the delayed and discombobulated one of the title today.  I’m a week deep into a persistent migraine - wheat harvest has begun in the area, I’m allergic/sensitive to the detergent used on the current tshirt quilt, we’re having a heat wave, and the heat made butchering the meat chickens an immediate necessity.  Let’s just say I’ve had better weeks.  Fortunately, the butchering is done and the tshirt quilt just needs binding sewn down.  I’ve survived.

When the rescue medicine has relieved me, I quilted the tshirt quilt and made a few blocks.  I’m already one the second background for my bow ties.  I made need to branch out for even more backgrounds if I want these blocks to hang around for a while!

Ten more split star blocks are also finished, so I’m nearly to the halfway point.  I will be reluctant to put these away at the end of June.  They’ve definitely grown on me!
from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

2 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Oh no on the migraine! That sounds like a tough week for you. Some detergents have terribly strong smells to them, and I wonder why! Your blue bowties and split stars are lovely!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Sorry that you have had a tough go of it, Katie, but glad that you managed some lovely BLUE blocks for the RSC!!

May Goals

 April was a month of unexpected things. 1. Scraps: trim, yellow flower blocks, yellow 16 patches.   Done. 2. Finish the last two sections o...