Saturday, June 25, 2022

Perseverance

I’m still alive, but unfortunately the migraine is still haunting me.  It generally arrives late morning and ruins most of the afternoon.  Blerg.  I do see my neurologist in a few weeks, so we’ll discuss.

On a more positive note, I finished both the smelly (to me) tshirt quilt and washed it.  I also finished the triangle quilt.  It’s currently bathing, so I’ll be sure to post about it when it’s dry.  With the triangle quilt complete, my sewing room and time feels a little strange.  I feel like I’m forgetting to work on a project, or I should be cutting something.  All in good time with July almost here.

I also completed 10 more split star blocks as well as most of the components for the remaining 30 blocks.  I love the barn raising setting because it’s so symmetrical, but I plan to take some time to play with setting possibilities.  (ha!  I see a half square triangle turned the wrong way in one block.  I’m pleasantly surprised I only have one finished block with an error.). Googling log cabin settings has given me ideas.  Of course, we’ll change colors this week, so I won’t finish the blocks for a bit.
I have plenty of my bow ties piling up as well, but I need to collect them all in one place before I get a picture.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

 

3 comments:

grammajudyb said...

Wow, that split star setting is stunning! Hope you get some answers at your drs appointment!

Deb A said...

Oh no on the migraines. I got a script from my Dr to take at the onset so we will see if that helps. Hope they are able to figure out the cause of yours. Your blocks are beautiful. Lots of options with setting for that block.

Susie H said...

I'm sorry to hear that your migraines persist but you still got a lot done this week! Good luck with the upcoming doctor appointment.

May Goals

 April was a month of unexpected things. 1. Scraps: trim, yellow flower blocks, yellow 16 patches.   Done. 2. Finish the last two sections o...