Saturday, July 2, 2022

Rainbow Scrap Challenge: Ahead of the Game

 Migraine.  Still visiting.  (Maybe less all-consuming, but it seems dangerous to even whisper that it might be letting up.)

Chaos was the name of the game this week, but we handled it pretty well.

My Valentine quilt was up next for attention.  The last time I worked on it, all the blocks were finished and I had slowly begun assembly.  Earlier this week, with my 10 split star blocks finished, I played with a little more assembly.  Suddenly, despite one flipped group of hearts, I had a flimsy!  I’ll be piecing a scrappy batting; I am working hard on batting scraps not stacking up again.  The backing is ready.  I suppose next week I’ll be quilting it, so who knows what I’ll do for the rest of July.
Of course, there are always blocks I might change, some being a touch light for the main heart, but I’m quite chuffed with the results.  I like the variety in blocks.  I did not, as is so often the case with scraps, use nearly the amount of scraps I thought I would!

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

5 comments:

Mlada said...

I love the pastels surrounding the heart, they are a good contrast but beautiful in their own right too.

Deb said...

Wow , I love the use of hearts for this style of quilt! How big did the flimsy end up!?
So exciting to look up and see a top complete! Stay safe and sew on !

Jennifer said...

STUNNING!

Chantal said...

Lovely flimsy. There's a lot of work in this one. Congrats on getting it to this stage. ;^)

Vicki W said...

I love the heart flimsy!

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...