Friday, July 22, 2022

This, That, and the Other

 Last Saturday, we were 8 hours from home in a house with 12 children, so I didn’t have a chance to post.  Therefore, this is two weeks’ sewing.

Before the trip, I made a scrappy pillow cover to accompany my Valentine quilt.  It used up my unintended extra block.

This week, after returning home Tuesday, I made 10 of the 21 remaining split star blocks.  Definitely not purple, but my leader and ender bow ties are.  I have very few different purples, so the blocks repeat plenty.  They are all scrappy, which is the point.
I am at a temporary loss for another scrappy project.  It’s okay; there are many other things to do, but I do enjoy the passion for a project.  All in good time.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

2 comments:

Mari said...

Love the pillow, and the split stars and bow ties are wonderful. I come from a big family, and I remember stuffed houses like that as great times, but now that I'm an adult I think it would be exhausting for the parents. Yay for being home!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's a great pillow - perfect companion to the heart quilt! I love those split stars. Glad you've been able to make progress on them!

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...